- TPSS is a school specialized in surf teaching for all levels (Beginner/ Intermediate/Advanced) and for all ages*.
- TPSS provides all necessary equipment for surfing practice.
- Depending on the ocean conditions, TPSS provides an extra transport service for intermediate and advanced levels.
- TPSS collaborates with experienced surf instructors who are knowledgeable of teaching locations and accredited by FPS.
* TPSS recommends the minimum age of 6 years.
- Classes at TPSS are carried out in groups or individually (Private lesson).
- Classes at TPSS can be acquired in the following modes: Single lesson; Lesson packages of 3/6; Private lessons; Private packages of 2/3; Surf Guiding .
- One session duration: 2 hours (with preparation and heating).
- Teaching location for Beginners level: Matadouro Beach (in front of the school).
- Teaching location for Intermediate/ Advanced levels: the surf spot is chosen regarding the sea conditions.
- TPSS works with a maximum of 5 students per instructor in the group classes to ensure a safer and more personalized service, focused on a high quality surf teaching.
Booking & Schedules
- Classes can be booked directly at the school, or by phone/email.
- Online bookings must be done with a 24 hours notice.
- Bookings requested for dates between the beginning of June to the end of October require a 30% signal of the total amount in question to be validated. The remaining amount must be paid before the beginning of the 1st lesson.
- For first registrations, TPSS requires the following data for personal insurance activation: First and Last name; Date of birth; Nationality.
- Class schedules are communicated in person at the school, or via text message/email message/website in the day before the lesson.
- The communication of classes by text message/email message is available to all TPSS students/ clients who have their situation properly regularized with the school.
- The communication of classes by sms/e-mail message requires the confirmation of the student/ client within the designated time in the message, to validate his presence in classes.
- TPSS class schedules are dependent on tidal hours.
- Classes are dependent on weather and sea conditions.
- In case of adverse conditions, classes will be rescheduled and new date and time will be communicated by sms/e-mail.
- From the time of enrollment all TPSS students/ clients are covered by a personal insurance valid for all sessions.
Payment of Classes
- Classes can be paid in cash directly at the school, or by bank transfer to the IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 4843 8690 0025 8 (Banco BPI, SA).
- Payments made by bank transfer require transfer confirmation sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiago Pires Surf School does not have a card payment available.
- The lesson packages bought are valid to be used during 6 months, starting from the day of purchase.
- TPSS requires submission of tax data for receipt/invoice issuance.
- All amounts charged by TPSS are subject to VAT.
Cancellation & No-show
- After confirmed by the student/ client, the class cannot be canceled, except for reasons of illness or due to force majeure, duly justified.
- The refund of payments require a cancel notice sent to the school’s email: email@example.com, until 1 week before the booked class.
- After this deadline, the school will not accept refunds.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of any high-performance board, hard top board, soft board, wetsuit, surfboard fin, neoprene shoes, or any other equipment provided by Tiago Pires Surf School for the purpose of surfing or any other water sport.
1. Use of equipment
1.1 – the user agrees to use the equipment only for its intended purposes and in accordance with any instructions provided by the provider.
1.2 – the user acknowledges that surfing or any other water sport is a dangerous activity, and the user assumes all risks associated with using the equipment.
2. Fees for damaged equipment
2.1 – the user agrees to pay a fee to the provider for any equipment that is broken or damaged during the use of the equipment. The fee shall be as follows:
- High-performance board: maximum fee of 600 euros
- Hard top board: maximum fee of 400 euros
- Soft board: maximum fee of 300 euros
- Wetsuit: maximum fee of 150 euros
- Surfboard fin: maximum fee of 90 euros
- Neoprene shoes: maximum fee of 40 euros
2.2 – the provider may, at its sole discretion, waive or reduce the fee for damaged equipment.
3.1 – the user agrees to pay the fee for any damaged equipment immediately upon demand by the provider.
3.2 – the user authorizes the provider to charge the user’s credit card or any other payment method on file for the amount of the fee for any damaged equipment.
4. Release and indemnification
4.1 – the user releases and waives all claims against the provider arising from the user’s use of the equipment.
4.2 – the user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the provider, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from the user’s use of the equipment.
5. Entire agreement
5.1 this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the provider and the user and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
5.2 no amendment or modification of this agreement shall be valid or binding unless in writing and signed by both the provider and the user.
By using the equipment, the user agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If the user does not agree to these terms and conditions, the user may not use the equipment.