Please carefully read the following terms & conditions. Tiago Pires Surf School reserves the right to review and update the presented terms & conditions whenever it deems necessary.
- TPSS is a school specialized in surf teaching for all levels (Beginner/ Intermediate/Advanced) and for all ages*.
- TPSS provides all necessary equipment for surfing practice.
- Depending on the ocean conditions, TPSS provides an extra transport service for intermediate and advanced levels.
- TPSS collaborates with experienced surf instructors who are knowledgeable of teaching locations and accredited by FPS.
* TPSS recommends the minimum age of 6 years.
- Classes at TPSS are carried out in groups or individually (Private lesson).
- Classes at TPSS can be acquired in the following modes: Single lesson; Lesson packages of 3/6; Private lessons; Private packages of 2/3; Surf Guiding .
- One session duration: 2 hours (with preparation and heating).
- Teaching location for Beginners level: Matadouro Beach (in front of the school).
- Teaching location for Intermediate/ Advanced levels: the surf spot is chosen regarding the sea conditions.
- TPSS works with a maximum of 5 students per instructor in the group classes to ensure a safer and more personalized service, focused on a high quality surf teaching.
Booking & Schedules
- Classes can be booked directly at the school, or by phone/email.
- Online bookings must be done with a 24 hours notice.
- Bookings requested for dates between the beginning of June to the end of October require a 30% signal of the total amount in question to be validated. The remaining amount must be paid before the beginning of the 1st lesson.
- For first registrations, TPSS requires the following data for personal insurance activation: First and Last name; Date of birth; Nationality.
- Class schedules are communicated in person at the school, or via text message/email message/website in the day before the lesson.
- The communication of classes by text message/email message is available to all TPSS students/ clients who have their situation properly regularized with the school.
- The communication of classes by sms/e-mail message requires the confirmation of the student/ client within the designated time in the message, to validate his presence in classes.
- TPSS class schedules are dependent on tidal hours.
- Classes are dependent on weather and sea conditions.
- In case of adverse conditions, classes will be rescheduled and new date and time will be communicated by sms/e-mail.
- From the time of enrollment all TPSS students/ clients are covered by a personal insurance valid for all sessions.
Payment of Classes
- Classes can be paid in cash directly at the school, or by bank transfer to the IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 4843 8690 0025 8 (Banco BPI, SA).
- Payments made by bank transfer require transfer confirmation sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiago Pires Surf School does not have a card payment available.
- The lesson packages bought are valid to be used during 6 months, starting from the day of purchase.
- TPSS requires submission of tax data for receipt/invoice issuance.
- All amounts charged by TPSS are subject to VAT.
Cancellation & No-show
- After confirmed by the student/ client, the class cannot be canceled, except for reasons of illness or due to force majeure, duly justified.
- The refund of payments require a cancel notice sent to the school’s email: email@example.com, until 1 week before the booked class.
- After this deadline, the school will not accept refunds.